Sunday, May 2, 2010

Derby 2010

We had a fabulous weekend at the track! Not only did L bet on the #1 and #2 horses, but we landed ourselves on national television! We stood near the entrance so L could cheer on Mr. Calvin Borel (he wanted to wish him luck to his face) and as he and the other jockeys entered the paddock we just so happened to be standing in the right place. L was living in the moment (he's screaming at o'Calvin in this shot-haha) and I was waving at the camera...nice, huh? I saw the camera but had no idea it was being shown on LIVE TV. Seconds after we saw the cameramen, L had about 10 text messages saying, "How's that Heineken?" or "Nice bow tie..." Here's a screen shot.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

So funny ya'll were on TV. I watched bits and pieces over the weekeend. WIsh I had seen ya'll!

btw . . your pic isn't showing up, and I'm dying to see it! I'm sure you look so fab!!

Alice said...

Kelly-

I saw that and I swear I did a double take thinking that was ya'll!! Hope you all had tons of fun!!!

Unknown said...

Love it. Only Kelly would accomplish being on National Television. Glad you are updating again :)

sara said...

How funny! They caught my husband on the local coverage - he got about 10 texts from friends, hazing him for stuffing a sandwich in his mouth. He is never going to live it down!

kanishk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.