Thursday, March 5, 2009

back to Jax!

I am so excited about this weekend! Lucas and I are leaving tomorrow for Jacksonville, FL. Lucas went to school in Jacksonville his first year of law school and it has been one of my favorite places ever since. Our friends Kirby and Catherine (remember, Dallas wedding) are picking us up from the airport tomorrow afternoon and we've got all weekend planned. We're staying at Lucas' old condo (on the beach) and we're going to Angie's as soon as we get off the plane!

Then we are headed to a rehersal dinner for our friends Eric and Kasey. I've heard its going to be a great time-like grill/bluegrass band good time! Then Saturday we're waking up to eat breakfast at The Beachhut Cafe (my favorite) then we have beach time, then lunch at Cruisers (they've got the best fries that come with a side of ranch..yummmm) with our great friends TJ and Kacie and their 2 children (we haven't seen Lucy since she a baby and now she has a brother). Then Saturday night we are headed to Eric and Kasey's wedding in Ponte Vedra-so excited! We don't have any plans for Sunday-but I'm sure we'll have it figured out pretty quick. I told Lucas as we started planning this trip (like 2 weeks ago) that we need to have everything planned out so we can get the most of our weekend getaway!

Jacksonville (especially Neptune Beach) is on my list of favorite places to visit. I fell in love with the town and the people when Lucas lived there. Some of our best memories and best friends came right out of Jacksonville (even from Lucas' first school visit). I am so excited we get to go back and visit-and I'm so thankful for getting to spend so much time with his Jacksonville friends!

No comments: