Monday, February 15, 2010

Evan Violet "Evie"

What a sweet Valentines Day! I got a text yesterday morning around 2 a.m. from my best friend, Laura, saying she was going to have a Valentine's Baby! And yes she did! Here's Miss Evie!

I was visiting my hometown this weekend and got to the hospital just in time! She was born about 15 minutes after I got there! Evie must have known I was around...I already love this girl! And how cute is her big brother, Oliver, checking her out for the first time?! He's was really curious about her. At one point the nurse said Evie needed to eat and Oliver left the room looking for milk. haha! Then Oliver's Grandfather told him his Momma had her milk in the room-then he grabbed the cup sitting next to Laura's bed (you can see it in the picture) and pushed the straw toward Evie. It was so funny! Then, he asked if she had teeth?! I can't imagine what must have been going through his little head yesterday!


I can't believe Laura and John are the proud parents of 2 sweet babies! I remember the excitement when Oliver was born. We were able to wait right outside the room and hear his first little cry and now, almost 5 years later, we are looking at his little sister! Pretty sweet!

Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet little Evie! I thought about you yesterday when I got a text from Laura saying Evie was here! I'm glad you got to see her!

That lucky lady will get flowers EVERY Valentine's Day!! :)

Caroline said...

I love the name. Cute!

Unknown said...

That's awesome Kelly! I'm glad you got to be there! Hope you guys had a good Valentine's Day! We were househunting all day with no luck at this point...See ya soon!

Trish said...

I have followed your blog for sometime now. This is my first time to comment. I was wondering if you would do a post with your favorite face products? Your makeup always looks so great!! Hope you don't mind me asking.

Thanks,
Trish

Sarah said...

I've been following your blog for a little bit now and really have enjoyed all of your posts! Hope law school is treating your husband good....Mine is about to finish his first year so I'm learning all about it!

I left you something over at my blog!