Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yeehaw Shower #2

Last weekend was baby shower #2 for my sweet friend, Erin, who will be a mom to little Tyson in just a few short weeks! I got together with Lauren and Heather to throw the cute shindig and "boy" was it fun!

After researching baby showers for boys, we decided a cowboy theme would be adorable! I first contacted the etsy seller about the invitations and she hit the nail on the head and got the ball rolling! I was amazed at how many "cowboy" ideas we ran across while planning this shower. I really think there are more ideas for boys than girls!

The first thing I found were these adorable planters. They came right from Hobby Lobby and they each had different cowboy scenes on the front. Perfect! Heather found the brown bandannas that looked so cute in the planters (I had never seen brown bandannas before-aren't they perfect?). Then my mom and I both ran across this retro cowboy fabric (yep, Hobby Lobby too) that I knew we had to incorporate somehow.


Anyone who knows Erin, knows her love for anything monogrammed so I knew no matter what, Ty's momogram needed to be used! I made this with a distressed frame, scrapbook paper and some chipboard letters I scored at, you guessed it, Hobby Lobby.
(baby book we made where everyone wrote little messages for Ty)

I used the same materials on Ty's little banner which Erin says she's going to hang in the hospital room. I'll crack up if I walk in and it's there...I'm sure she'll have way more to think about when the time comes!


As for the menu, we did BBQ! It was super easy and really good. We had BBQ, beans, cornbread, potato salad, chips, and the best cake I think I've ever tasted!Lauren brought the bottled cokes-I think they tied in perfectly with the theme. I mean, who doesn't love a bottled Coke?!

Lauren also brought fresh daisies and the cutest little sunflowers she put in mason jars throughout Heather's house.

I attached some "Howdy" tags to the straws...and we all drank the best lemonade (Heather made) out of mason jars.

And now...more of that cute cake!

The same "cake lady" I've talked about before made Ty the cutest cake. We told her the theme and she came up with this:
(Can you see the little cowboy boots and cowboy hat?)

Preslee and her Aunt E
(I love this picture)

I think this picture is so funny. Laura (shower #1) is the daughter of the famous cake lady and we made her cut the cake! ha! I love how you can see her cute baby bump!

Miss Preslee was pretty excited about this party! She was a major hit too! I loved watching her help her Aunt E open gifts! Erin even bought her a baby doll named Ty. So cute. I hadn't seen her in about a year and she just loved on me! She's going to be the best cousin to baby Ty! He has no idea how lucky he is to have such a sweet family!

And here are the favors! I wanted something to play on the cowboy theme and who doesn't love s'mores?! I read on the package of Hershey bars that you could make microwaveable s'mores but my mom called after the shower and said she tried it and the marshmallow was huge after a few seconds in the microwave, haha!



9 comments:

emily said...

Such a cute shower! I love all the details!

emily

Erin said...

andy and i have both made some smores in the microwave and they turned out good!! good thing i have 3 favors left - i'm craving smores all the time now!!! ha!

sara said...

You did such a nice job! All the details are perfect. And tell your Mom not to worry about the marshmallows getting huge in the microwave - the first time I made them that way it freaked me out, too, but the marshmallow "shrinks" back to the appropriate size as soon as you open the microwave door. It might be a little messy, but isn't that how a true smore is supposed to be? :) Yum, now I might have to run out in the snow to get supplies for smores...

Jen said...

Wow you really did an excellent job! You didn't miss a single detail - LOVE the cowboy theme for a shower, would have never thought of that!

The Taffs said...

That is too cute! You did a great job. A cowboy theme is such a good idea for a baby boy!

Kimberly said...

Hi - I am new to your blog. I love your smores favors! You did a great job!

Laura said...

That is the cutest baby shower I've ever seen! So glad it worked out well. Way to go!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

How cute!! You did an amazing job planning..I loved the cowboy theme!

Annie said...

what an adorable shower!
i love every little thing about it!
ya'll had so many adorable details.