
L and I decided at the last minute that we would head home for a couple days. We've both been busy and we thought it would be nice to spend some quality time with our family without any major plans. So you know what that involves for me...shopping with my mom! We really just walked around (we didn't have much luck at ALL) but as we were talking about leaving I got a phone call from my mother-in-law and she had 2 extra tickets to Carrie Underwood if we wanted them. Ha, I never get phone calls like this!
We met my sister-in-law and niece downtown Nashville and headed to the Ryman Auditorium to meet my in-laws for Carrie Underwood! I absolutely love Nashville! The feeling you get with all the honkey tonk bars in downtown is just unbelievable! I always roll my windows down when I drive around Broadway-I swear there is no place like it! We headed to the Ryman and took our seat in the pews (yes, the Ryman has pews) and got ready for Carrie....only Little Jimmy Dickens came out....




Then we got a big surprise! Martina McBride came out and sang a couple songs! She's by far my mom's favorite country music singer and my mom was seriously on the edge of her seat watching Martina perform! I was pretty excited she was there too! And she is beautiful!

Overall the "Carrie Underwood" concert really only consisted of 2 or 3 Carrie Underwood songs-but I think with all the stars we got to see it was much better! My only regret for the night is I didn't get to wear my cowboy boots!
All photos from www.cmt.com
7 comments:
Your from TN too?! How cool. I would love.love.love to get a call like that! Love the pictures..Hope your having a great week! xoxo
Oh yeah...totally love Martina! We played "My Valentine" at our wedding.
Isn't the Opry great?! Chase and I LOVE to go!! My parents took me the night they inducted Carrie Underwood! Glad ya'll had fun!
Hi SSM! I'm not from Tn-I grew up about an hour away and now live 3 hours away! I would move to music city in a heartbeat though! I love it down there! Are you a TN gal?
when i saw her it was only a few songs too :( but she is amazing live! i think she does sing live. did you hear her at the CMA's? She just busted out in song and was incredible. she sounds exactly the same as on the radio!
wow that sounds like so much fun!!
Glad Nashville treated you well!
Post a Comment