Friday, May 22, 2009

Come on Mitch!

Mitch McConnell was the guest speaker at Lucas' graduation last week. No matter what side you're on...his speech was less than inspirational. I swear I think he talked about how a bill becomes a law-I really don't know...it was that bad. Now, I know that Mitch is a very powerful man and I think it was an honor for him to speak that day-but his speech needed some work. Along with Mitch came a few protesters outside of the Brown Theatre. I should have known when we got there a little early and there were about 15 police officers standing outside the front doors that something was up! During the speech I looked around to see if anyone else was as bored as I was, and there were security guards standing around all the doors-they were everywhere. I'm still shocked nothing happened.
Some of the graduates wore pins on their robes that said, "Mitch does not speak for me." Lucas thought all the commotion was funny-he thought it was very fitting that there would be protesting at a law school graduation!

No comments: