Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Scooty graduates!

My little brother finally did it! He graduated from College! We're so proud! And he's got a job! Woo hoo! He will leave to move to Lexington, Ky this weekend! My parents, Alex (or Scooty), my grandfather, and me right after the graduation ceremony.
After we left we all headed to my parents house for a nice steak dinner. Graduation was on Sunday this year and started at 5 in the afternoon. It was a very long ceremony, followed by a trip to Franklin to my parents house, then our 2 hour drive to Louisville! After a crazy traveling weekend to begin with...we were exhausted! (We seriously went to Indiana twice, Lexington, Bowling Green, then Franklin-all in a single weekend).

Alex opening up his gifts....or cards (that's always a good sign)!


Alex and his graduation ice cream cake.He's so grown up!


After we ate and Alex opened his gifts we all sat down to watch a video my uncle made. It was mostly pictures of him growing up and world events from the year he was born and we all really enjoyed it! It was the first time my uncle had made a video like this-and it was really neat! It reminded me of what a fun kid my brother was growing up. He always had this smile on his face like he was up to something. One time, he asked my mom if he could be in a beauty pageant with his best friend (he was about 4) so my mom agreed and signed him up. Well..she got him all dolled up and sent him on stage. He stood there embarrassed, and then stuck his tongue out...THE ENTIRE TIME! My mom could have killed him-but now I think she should have known he'd do something like this! I swear, he's always been up to something...even in his 20's!



This is my great grandmother, Nanny. I had to take her picture because I thought she looked so pretty at Alex's graduation. She is 97! After I took this picture I showed it to her on my camera and she said, "Do you know what that looks like? That looks like an old woman!" She is hilarious! We never know what she'll say-maybe that's where Alex gets it?






Congrats Scooty, we are so proud of you!

No comments: