Monday, June 22, 2009

Engaged!


2 years ago today, Lucas got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!

It was a Friday afternoon and I was leaving work a little early because Lucas was in town and his nephew was playing in the little league state tournament that afternoon. When I left I told my boss I had to get out early because "I had a hot date." Haha, I had no idea!


Lucas told me to meet him at the mall...at Abercrombie. I thought this was weird because during the 4 years we dated, I had never known Lucas to buy a thing from the store. I went inside and didn't see him anywhere. I called him and he said he was in the dressing room trying on shorts. Then, after thinking he was hiding from me, one of his best friends came to me with a card that I was to open (I thought it was a joke and refused to open it). During this time I had walked out of the store (mad because I thought they were playing a big joke on me) and his friend walked by again and made me open the card. I opened it and inside was a card that told me to go to the next location and a CD of Lucas telling me where to go (just in case I didn't understand the cards) and music to listen to during my adventure..and at each place I went, I was given another card from one of his best friends with directions to my next place. Each place was somewhere special...


1. Abercrombie: we first met here. I was a freshman and worked here during Christmas when Lucas' brothers and sisters-in-law came into the store. His sister-in-law, April, asked me if I was dating anyone. I said no, and she went on and told me all these great things about her brother in law that played baseball in Alabama and was super smart and good looking. I just shook my head and went on...Then (a couple weeks later), Lucas came home for Christmas and came into the store. One of his friends from high school (and my A&F coworker) who had overheard his sister-in-law weeks before said, "that's Lucas who that lady told you about" and then he introduced us. We didn't talk again for about 9 months when he transfered to my college and pledged the fraternity where I was a little sister.


the next card told me to go to...

2. The Golf Course: I worked here one summer and Lucas (not knowing I was the same girl from Abercrombie) came in and acted like he lost his pitching wedge so he could talk to me. haha. When I got to the golf course to get my next card, his friend Wes was standing in the parking lot with a pitching wedge and the next card that sent me to...

3. The SAE house: if it hadn't been for SAE, we probably would have never gotten to know one another. This is where Lucas asked me to his fraternity formal (our first real date I guess) and that conversation is a whole other post! It was pretty funny!

4. His old apartment on College Street.

5. The stone wall on WKU's campus: where we would hang out at SAE parties (back when you could have fraternity parties at fraternity houses).

6. The Plaza Hotel-this was my last stop. Lucas was here in a suite that my mom and grandmother had decorated all day with candles and roses. He scared me to death as soon as opened the door! ha! I was so nervous! I kept thinking I was on camera-haha!

And the rest is history! This Sunday we will be married for one year!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Too cute!! Great post!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, how sweet! That was a really fun post to read! Sounds like he put a lot of effort into it - what a unique proposal!