I had a hair appointment in Nashville that morning and since my aunt does my hair, the whole crew came along. While we were there we decided to make big plans for the rest of the day. Someone suggested the flea market and since we hadn't been there in years we took off to the fairgrounds. Well, of course it was closed, so we decided to see a movie instead. But on the way to the movies, we saw a sign for the zoo, haha! So, to the Nashville Zoo we go!
We took a pit stop as soon as we got in so Carly could play at the playground. I should have taken a picture of then entire setup-it was pretty cool! These net like things freak me out...and this was over the water! Carly kept looking over at me like, "come on." I finally walked out with her, but I didn't like it!
Carly has been to the Nashville zoo many times- I can remember pushing her in a stroller through the park years ago. It makes me sad that she's grown up so fast!
After the zoo I got a call form Lucas that the seminar would be another hour, so we stopped off at McDonald's for a snack and then we went to the Parthenon to hang out and wait. This place is amazing! I hadn't been here since I was a kid and we went for school field trips and its still just as big as I remembered (ever done that? go someplace 10 years later and realize you were just little and everything seemed so big...yeah, I hate that).
There really isn't much to do here, its just a really fun atmosphere. First its beautiful, they have gardens and the grounds are very well kept-so pretty. There were probably 4 or 5 weddings going on while we sat in the grass-it was such a beautiful day!
After a few minutes of people watching, my mom went to the car and started pulling out Carly's toys. 
I tried to get mom to take a good jumping picture but she couldn't seem to get it "just" right.
I love this picture of Carly coloring...

It was such a great day to be outside. We were all so tired when we met Lucas. Mom and Meme took Carly home, and Lucas and I had a great night out at dinner with friends...more on that to come!
It was such a great day to be outside. We were all so tired when we met Lucas. Mom and Meme took Carly home, and Lucas and I had a great night out at dinner with friends...more on that to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment