One of my best friends from home is expecting #2! And this time it's a girl! She already has an adorable little boy who I can't believe is turning 5 in a month! I remember waiting in the hospital for the little stinker to arrive..and now he's almost 5, as cute as can be, and I can't wait for him to be a big brother!
We went with the giraffe print and pink and green. After I saw Kelly's Korner, I knew I had to use the giraffe print. I just loved it!
I made the "Welcome Evie" banner (you can't see it all) from card stock and scrapbook paper and hung it with raffia (yeah, kind of odd but I wanted it to keep it's shape). I think it will be cute in her hospital room or in her bedroom when they bring her home!
Laura's mom is unbelievable! Seriously, she makes amazing cakes that taste as good as they look..and how adorable is this? I sent her scraps of the paper we were going to use and she matched it perfectly! This woman is something else!
I made these little frames for Evie (I just love her name). Her room is pink and animal print and I hope she'll find a place to use these. I borrowed the cutest Martha Stewart punch from a lady I work with for the decorative edges...I think they turned out pretty darn cute! Oh and I spray painted the frames and letters. I did learn one thing...I'm not a very talented spray-painter! There must be a trick I don't know about...
(shower 1, shower 2)
I am just thrilled for these two! I love that the are expecting at the same time-and I really hope they'll be in the hospital together-it sure would be easy on me!! Girls, could you please work that out?? Thanks. haha!
I put a lot of thought into the favors. I had tons of random ideas about what to do/make! At the last minute I decided to make caramel corn! It turned out better than I thought-but it was a lot of work! I've got a great recipe for homemade caramel corn-if anyone wants it I'll be happy to share (and if anyone doesn't mind a good arm workout with all the stirring). I thought the popcorn idea would be cute because of the "Laura's about to Pop!" but then I thought of another idea that I kind of wished I'd used (good thing shower #2 is right around the corner). I literally printed these out 5 minutes before I left town to head home. The other side of the tag has Evie's monogram in pink.
All the favors-you can see both of the tags.
We had such a great time with all the girls! I love planning all these showers for such sweet friends! But they sure do make me miss home!
I can't wait for shower #2 (for little Tyson Andrew) to get here! I just got the invitations (from etsy) and they'll be sent out later today. I can't wait to show them off-they turned out super cute!
9 comments:
Wow girly you have some crafty talent :)
Yes, please share the caramel corn recipe! The shower looked beautiful!
Everything looks adorable!!
SO.CUTE!!!!!!!!
the shower was so cute!! good job kelly!!
You did such a nice job, I'm sure your friend loved it!
That cake is amazing! I love the popcorn bags!
You are so talented! You added so many unique personal touches that really makes it look so special! She's so lucky to have you
everything looks SO CUTE!!
how fun! :)
Post a Comment