Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Carly!

The 4th of July is a big deal for us...it's not only Independence Day...its Carly's birthday!
And this girl sure knows how to party! If you keep up with this blog-you know I absolutely adore my little cousin Carly-and so does the rest of our family! Every year my parents have a birthday party for her at their house-and this year we figured out Carly needed a LUAU! Mom had planned a dinner and when I got home for the weekend we both decided we'd make her birthday a big deal...I mean...you only get to be the big 1-0 once!
Since we were short on time and it was a holiday weekend-we hit up the good o'Walmart and I'm so glad we did...they had everything we needed! We called in this cake at the last minute and it turned out adorable! Carly loved it!




We even found these cute "boob cups" as my mom called them. Carly LOVED them!

This sign has been reused so many times. It was originally custom made for my high school graduation and the back still says something like Congrats (then a huge blank where my name went). Class of 200_ (it has a blank because it was reused for my little brother). My mom cuts out letters for every major celebration and usually puts it on the front porch tied with fishing line-haha!
I wish I had gotten a picture of everyone all together. We all had on Hawaiian shirts/skirts and leis (my grandmother even wore a grass skirt). We found all kinds of neat party gear at Walmart. It turned out so cute! Now that we have all the supplies, I wonder if every celebration from now on will turn into a Luau...oh gosh!?

1 comment:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Yay for birthdays! Loved the luau theme, especially the "boob" cups. Too funny!

PS I left you something on my blog =)