(I won a custom design on a wedding website and I used it for our gobo design)One last wedding post (because I scanned these pictures in, and I want to use them-ha)
I love this picture of our wedding party and thought I would share it. Probably the craziest (I guess that's the word) thing that happened at our wedding is the weather. I didn't rain, it was the wind that we all worried about. I never once had a bridezilla moment-but I did break down in tears at our rehearsal when I was talking to the wedding coordinator. I had just looked at the weather forecast for the next day and it said, 80% chance of severe thunderstorms. It broke my heart. My coordinator was so sweet. He told me that God knew about this day long before I was ever born and there was no way he would let it be a distaster-it made me feel so much better!
I had planned an outdoor reception for almost a year. Our reception was at a horse track (yeah, I'm from Kentucky) in my hometown and I wanted to have our reception under a huge patio overlooking the track and I had planned our first dance to happen at sundown (ha, yes I knew exactly when that would be). I woke up on our big day to sunny skies but crazy winds! The workers were all at the track getting things ready for the reception. I can remember my dad coming home with a picture of the curtains that were being hung between the columns and with the wind in them, they looked like sailboats! It was awful!
I got ready that day, met my bridesmaids and we all headed to the church. As far as I knew, everything at the track was on without a hitch. The wedding got started 15 minutes behind. I was told there was a line out the door and they couldn't get people in fast enough.
After our ceremony, I met with the photographer for one last shot before the reception and that's when L broke the news. This is how it went down:
L: I've got some bad news.
K: What? (thinking what on earth could it be, we just got married?!?!)
L: They've had to move the reception inside.
K: My heart sank and I said, "Oh that's ok." And posed for the next picture (below).

I have to say, I was (and still am) so disappointed that I didn't get to have the reception of my dreams. My parents had rented chairs, tables, a stage, a dance floor and had 14' long curtains made (that would have been beautiful with our lighting) -over 20 of them that my grandmother sewed. And we didn't get to use a bit of it. But it was the best night of my life and I honestly enjoyed every single second of it and wouldn't have had it any other way! So to all you brides planning your pefect day...just remember that no matter what situations come your way on your wedding day it may turn out better than you could have ever imagined!

2 weeks before the wedding I saw this pink car at a Relay for Life event in my hometown and walked right up to the man and asked him if he'd pick us up from the wedding. I still don't know where the sign on the back came from but I thought this little car was the cutest thing! I love this picture of him holding my bouquet!
1 comment:
That was such a great post! Something I definitely needed to hear just days before my own wedding. I keep telling myself, at the end of the day, as long as we're married, it will have been a success! : )
Post a Comment