Friday, July 24, 2009

My wedding Dress!

Kelly's Korner is hosting a "Show me your wedding dress" event and I just had to participate!


I knew the moment I had a ring on my finger that the fun was about to start! I've never been one to keep a "wedding file" of magazine pictures from weddings or even one to picture in my head what my wedding would look like...but I've always known that I wanted to go all out on my dress.

I'm also not a bride who can say, "it was the first dress I tried on." Nope, my wedding dress was probably around the number 50. I honestly thought people were wrong when they said, "you'll know the moment you try on the right dress." I shopped forever!

So this is my wedding dress...and I still love it!


I think one reason I still love it, is because I kept it at the bridal boutique until the last minute. When I brought it home, I immediately put it in my brother's closet at my parent's house. I knew if I had the chance to look at it too often-I would mentally pick it apart. Do you do that?

So the day before my wedding I took it out of the bag to make sure everything was still perfect, and on our wedding day I loved it just like the first time I tried it on! Ha! I know this is weird...but to any of you soon to be brides-if you are anything like me-this is the best advice I can give you! I've known too many girls about to get married who start to second guess their dresses-and I swear this is why I didn't!

12 comments:

Michele said...

WOW!!! Amazing dress! Loved everything. Your hair was fantastic too!

Mrs. Pick said...

Beautiful dress! I tried not to look at mine too much either before the wedding!

The Taffs said...

Simply stunning! The dress is beautiful!

I love your hair too. If I could do anything different, I would have worn my hair up instead of down. This is a silly question, but did you wear a bump-it? How did you get that much height on top?

Robyn said...

Love it!!

laura marie said...

beautiful dress! i love the back and i love how you did your hair! got married on the same day as you.

Alicia said...

I loved your dress too! It was perfect on you.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I've already gushed all over your dress, but I will do it again. STUNNING! And you my dear have just the bod to pull it off. That back is amazing!

CMC said...

Beautiful! I especially love the back

Lindsey said...

OMG - your dress was GORGEOUS!!!!! I have never seen one like that before. I love the detail on the front!!! AND I love your hair!!! Beautiful Bride!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

One more thing - I totally agree about not having your dress around you after you get it. I think that was a small part of why I ended up getting a second dress. I am the EXACT same way. If I look at something too long and it doesn't feel like "new" I will not like it anymore or I will pick it apart as well. I would offer the same advice! Keep your dress at someone's house or somewhere until the big day!

Katie said...

Your dress is gorgeous, and you look gorgeous in it...but can I just say, that is the best wedding hair I've ever seen in my life! I want that hairdo...and I want to wear it every single day...beautiful!