Thursday, July 23, 2009

You get what you pay for....

I've heard my grandmothers say "you get what you pay for" hundreds of times, and I know by now this is true..so why do I catch myself looking through the jewelry at Forever 21? I have no idea. A few weeks ago, I was at the mall and I thought I'd stop by Forever 21 to look for earrings. I noticed a big group of teenage girls surrounding a display stand so I walked over to see what the fuss was all about. It was earrings, flower earrings at that. They had them in all sorts of colors, so I grabbed a pair and headed to the checkout. While I was there, I spotted the matching ring. All of this for under $10-not bad, huh?
Haha-joke's on me! I put these in my closet for a couple days and I decided they'd be ok to wear to dinner. Not so much. I don't know why I never held these bad boys up to my ears-but they were much bigger than I remembered, and way too heavy! Why would they sell something like this? They wouldn't even stay in my ears-can you tell how they flop towards the ground?
So, what's a girl to do? I broke them in half...

and I searched through my "arts and crafts" to find some super glue and posts.


hummm....better than new!
I still haven't worn these, but at least now I CAN!

3 comments:

The Taffs said...

Very cute! I like your creation better than the originals! I love the earrings. I wish I lived near a Forever 21...

Erin said...

that is hilarious!

Lindsey said...

That is a great idea, breaking them in half and attaching new backs! Good thinking Mrs. Davidson! ;)

I know, I have told my self a hundred times that I'm not buying cheap stuff anymore, but I am always a sucker when something is super cute and such a deal! You do get what you pay for, but at the same time, if you get some earrings for under $5, and wear them a few times and they break, at least there were only $5, right? ha ha.

Oh and about the coffee tables. I just found pics of some that I like on DecorPad.com - have you ever been there? Check it out. I love looking at that site!

Hope you enjoy your earrings! Adorable!